The Foley House Inn offers the perfect place for your Savannah stay, and topping our list of features is our location. You’ll not find a more centrally located and convenient bed & breakfast or hotel anywhere in Savannah.
In addition to the famed Savannah Riverfront, there are museums, parks, shops, restaurants, and other attractions all within walking distance of our front door, just off Chippewa Square. If you’re flying into Savannah (the airport is just 20 miles from us, by the way), forget about needing to rent a car. If you’re arriving by car, find a place to park for the entire weekend. You won’t need to drive anywhere else.
Our bed & breakfast sits at the corner of Bull and Hull Streets – the center of the one-mile square grid that makes up America’s largest preserved historic district. We’re surrounded by history – that of ages past and of recent years – on every side. Here are just some of the Savannah highlights you’ll find nearby:
- The famous “Forrest Gump Bench” (where the title character is waiting for the bus in the movie)
- The Mercer House (made famous by the book and movie Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil)
- The Lady & Sons Restaurant (Paula Deen’s popular eatery)
- River Street (Savannah’s premier thoroughfare)
- The Savannah Theatre (the oldest perpetually open theater in America)
- Savannah College of Art and Design (one of the country’s most prestigious art institutions)
- The birthplace of Juliette Gordon Lowe, founder of the Girl Scouts
And even though we’re in the heart of it all, you can trust that when it’s time to turn in for the night, you’ll find yourself in a quiet neighborhood. The only traffic you’ll hear outside is the occasional horse-drawn carriage.